About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Cambio"MS_ResumeForwarded = "Gracias. Su currículum ha sido enviado.:
BHI is looking for a R&D Engineer for our client in the Reno, NV area. This is a direct placement with our client in Reno, NV
The Staff R&D Engineer, reporting to the Sr. Director of R&D, will manage New Product Development & Introduction, executing R&D projects from conception through transfer to manufacturing. This person will define product requirements, develop and refine designs in CAD and determine and execute tests required. The Staff R&D Engineer will produce part & assembly drawings and handle patent review & drafting.
- Capturing user inputs, producing concepts, defining outputs, and executing on design analysis, prototyping, documentation and functional verification and validation common to the development of medical devices.
- Ensure design control is adhered to; draft phase review documents and lead review meetings.
- Perform engineering evaluation and testing necessary to ensure the robustness and proper performance of products.
- Interface effectively with internal and external teams (i.e. suppliers, consultants, service providers, contract manufacturers, test labs, etc.) to ensure the successful development of new products.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve device, sub-assembly and component issues.
- Manage engineering intern
- Candidate shall have knowledge and experience designing and developing ophthalmic surgical equipment or medical devices subject to design control and FDA regulatory requirements.
- Candidate shall be familiar with the variety of manufacturing processes common to medical device development. This person shall understand the value of and have experience utilizing risk management techniques.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years engineering experience, preferably within the medical device or other regulated industry. Disposable device experience required.
- Engineering level math.
- Equipment and tooling design.
- Interpersonal and collaborative work style. Strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional design problem solving skills
- PC skills: MS Office and SolidWorks are a 'must'
- Materials and processing knowledge. Experienced in reading and understanding patents. GMP and ISO 9000 training.
- Ability to identify problems and take corrective measures to solve them quickly and efficiently.
- Experience with phase-gate design review documents including slides for presenting. Must have ability to lead design review meetings, capturing feedback and incorporating to allow the design stage to be closed and signed/approved in a timely fashion.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.