Senior Manufacturing Engineer
BHI Energy | Staffing Solutions (SSG) is searching for qualified candidates on behalf of one of our key clients for their open Senior Manufacturing Engineer position located in Reno, NV
This is a Direct Hire position Location: Reno, NV
Job Summary: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer, reporting to the Director of Manufacturing, will conduct operation projects from conception to implementation. Define product requirements, schedule projects, develop and refine designs, and determine tests required. Provide support to the organization as required I all phases of product development, transfer to manufacturing and commercial production. Provide direct to Assemblers.
* Develop and refine new products. Identify and improve processes and procedures.
* Prepare product documentation including component specifications, BOMs, CAD models and drawings, manufacturing instructions and lot history records.
* Develop and maintain manufacturing equipment, tooling and fixturing.
* Write, execute and supervise test protocols, test data and test reports.
* Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all relevant documentation.
* Work closely with other departments and suppliers to coordinate efforts, including but not limit to, component vendors, tooling vendors, contract manufacturers, and partners. Periodic travel may be required at various points in time according to the needs of the organization.
* Ensure that Ops programs, initiated to meet Company milestones and plans, are implemented and reviewed for each program according to Design Control guidelines and that the planned results are realized within predetermined timeframes. Maintain scheduled for projects and/or specific aspects of projects.
* Provide direction to the assembly team to facilitate the production of high-quality products, steady manufacturing output and high yields.
* Track manufacturing production yield and throughput, Identify and mitigate the impact of situations causing low yield and/or throughput.
* Candidate shall have knowledge and experience with ophthalmic surgical equipment or similar medical devices, and familiarity with their use, technologies involved and risk management techniques.