About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
This position is responsible for organizing, coordinating and maintaining the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) activities, including training and compliance, for the respective Operating area. This position receives direction from the Safety Director and assumes a leadership role with respect to Safety Representative within the company.
Job Details/Essential Job Functions:
- Act as the technical resource in respective Operating area for HSE and DOT related issues.
- Conduct accident investigations on time and determine root cause(s).
- Implement corrective actions after review with Human Resources.
- Directly responsible for the assignment and completion of Tap Root investigations.
- Assist in injury/illness case management.
- Perform safety audits and provide reports.
- Assist in HSE policy development and implementation.
- Recommend safety improvement/accident prevention methods.
- Ensure effective sub-contractor safety programs are in place.
- Evaluate the organization's procedures and equipment to identify unsafe conditions that are in need of improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring corrective actions are implemented, verified and validated.
- I-auditor tracking and trending of performance for your operating area.
- Storm response when requested by Director.
- Ensure New Hire orientation
- Communicate with Safety Director Issues and concerns that are in your operating area.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in the utility field.
- Minimum of 5 years' safety experience in the construction industry.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA laws and regulations.
- Current valid driver's license.
- Able to travel regularly with overnights as needed. Flexibility to work additional hours/weekends as required.
- Ability to be hands-on, comfortable speaking and presenting to groups.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures with a particular field.
- High School Diploma or GED. Associate's degree or a degree in Safety or related field preferred.
- A recognized safety certification a plus. CSP or CUSP certified preferred.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here