About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Location: Dallas, TX
The Apprentice Lineman will assist Journeyman Lineman and the Foreman while in training and learning the trade. Responsible for performing diversified work related to the construction and maintenance of poles, power lines, auxiliary facilities, and equipment for the distribution of electricity. Set's a good example for newer apprentices, by always following and teaching safe practices. This position supports the Line team and works with other personnel from the department.
Job Details/ Essential Job Functions:
- The Apprentice Lineman will assist Journeyman Lineman and the Foreman while in training and learning the trade.
- Responsible for performing diversified work related to the construction and maintenance of poles, power lines, auxiliary facilities, and equipment for the distribution of electricity.
- Set's a good example for newer apprentices, by always following and teaching safe practices.
- This position supports the Line team and works with other personnel from the department.
- High School Degree, or equivalent, with 3 years of experience.
- Valid CDL Class A driver's license.
- Understanding of basic and/or advanced electrical principles, including knowledge of electricity and how to safely work around it.
- Knowledge of customer's specifications and proficiency in all phases of line construction.
- Ability to assume full responsibility for completed work. Performs routine line work without close supervision, and complete work with quality and timeliness.
- Clarity of vision with the ability to judge distance and space relationships, hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Ability to read and interpret construction prints, plans, and specifications.
- Ability to climb poles and work at heights up to and exceeding 30 feet.
- Ability to operate efficiently a bucket truck, digger truck, wire pullers, backyard machine, air compressor, and tools necessary to build/maintain power lines.
- Ability to work outdoors, even in extreme weather conditions.
- Available to work weekends and/or nights.
- Willing to work out of market or away from home as work demands, traveling extensively when needed.
- 5 years of experience.
- OSHA 10 and Buck Squeeze Certifications a plus
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here