About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Responsible for the day-to-day direct supervision and oversight of all non-manual and manual craft assigned to the scope(s) of work.
JOB DETAILS / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide direct supervision and technical guidance to Linemen, Groundman and Apprentices (Line Crews) performing maintenance and construction activities on all electrical distribution/transmission lines and associated electrical equipment or substation projects.
- Responsible for coordinating essential personnel on-site for the project to include crew mobilization
- Communicate and enforce all safety regulations
- Manage supplies, materials, and equipment
- Assist with planning, directing and budget activities concerned with the construction of towers, foundations, lines, and other electrical material and equipment used for transmission line, distribution line and/or substation construction projects
- Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings, and scopes of work
- Communicate directly with Superintendents, Construction Managers, Project Managers, Line Crews, and other project personnel as required
- Assist work crews with the development of comprehensive hazard analysis of their work task and work area before permitting work to begin.
- Address Clearance verification requirements in accordance with the Site Protective and Caution Tagging Procedure.
- Identify problems and report progress to supervisors/superintendents.
- Prepare and conduct pre-job briefs as directed by the supervisor /superintendent.
- Work with the tools and materials on the job site (last person in crew to pick up a tool-working foreman).
- Review work packages on a regular basis to ensure accuracy and timely place keeping.
- Assist in work package closure.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
An ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma and vocational school training related to a respective craft or equivalent industry certifications.
- Electrical Distribution Experience a must.
- Prior experience as a Foreman, General Foreman or Superintendent highly preferred
- Possession of a valid Commercial driver's license Class A preferred.
- Experience with digger derricks, bucket trucks, trenchers, and groundwork with utility crews is required
- Understand and follow detailed construction schedules
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home
- Work overtime, to include shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Be able to communicate effectively in a technical environment and be able to use power tools necessary to perform assigned work.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures.
- Pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required; to communicate effectively with peers, as well as with direct reports.
- Interface with Transmission and Distribution site organizations to develop successful problem-solving strategies and approaches as required.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here