About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy has an exciting opportunity to join the team as the Director of Labor Relations. In this position, the successful applicant will be responsible for leading the organizations positive and valued union relationships across the organization. The Labor Relations Director is a key member of the BHI staff that will provide direction and support to our operations, managers and support team regarding the company's Collective Bargaining Agreements, Specialty Agreements, and National Agreements. This position will report directly to the Chief Administrative Officer and will be located in Weymouth, MA.
- Manage administration and interpretation of collective bargaining agreements, including implementation and advisement to support services departments (payroll, benefits, etc).
- Partner with operations and other stakeholders to proactively advise, interpret and facilitate needs and objectives related to labor matters
- Investigate and bring to closure issues, concerns, grievances, etc. brought forth by employees and their representation.
- Collaborate with industry counterparts to drive collective strategies as it relates to National or Specialty Agreements
- Develop and maintain proactive and positive relationships with unions
- Ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreement obligations
- Company Labor Relations Representative in legal and administrative proceedings
- Draft and/or review responses and filings to state and federal agencies, i.e. NLRB state/federal courts
- Negotiate and draft collective bargaining agreements in partnership with operations and other stakeholders
Any other duties as assigned to support overall business objectives of BHI
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field, JD or Masters Degree preferred.
- Seven years progressive experience in collective bargaining and labor relations activities in the energy, construction or other industry utilizing craft unionized labor
- Experience must include at least 5 years of leading contract negotiation / administration, grievance processing, performance management and disciplinary activities, investigations, as well as facilitating ongoing communication and strong working relationships with employee representative organizations and operational stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Advanced knowledge of principles and practices of employee and labor relations, collective bargaining and employment laws;
- Program development and administration principles and practices.
- Advanced Negotiations Skills with experience in the use of mediation and conflict resolution techniques;
- Effective communications skills: written, oral, and listening with the ability to create effective presentations and group facilitation
- Advanced Word and Excel skills
- Effective project and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.