About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
The Journeyman Lineman is responsible for performing construction and maintenance duties on overhead facilities for electrical distribution and transmission that includes installing, maintaining, and repairing high-powered electrical lines and systems.
Job Details/Essential Job Functions:
- Construction/maintenance of transmission/distribution facilities in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure facilities remain reliable and efficient.
- Assist in emergency repair and power restoration after outages.
- Respond reliably and timely to calls during regular work hours and off regular work hours.
- Account for all construction materials (issues, returns, salvage, etc.) properly.
- Perform duties safely and in accordance with LCEC accident prevention rules.
- Comply with applicable codes and standards.
- Maintain effective working relationships with employees/customers at all levels within LCEC. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications, and effective understanding during all interpersonal contacts.
- Provide current and accurate information to all requesters, courteously and in a timely manner.
- String, splice, transfer, and sag wire in energized or de-energized circuits and connect wires and transformers as specified or directed.
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams.
- Operate live-line tools to connect and disconnect distribution lines and components.
- Inspect lines, poles, and equipment for signs of damage or wear and report deficiencies.
- Install, remove, transfer, maintain, and/or repair cross arms, pins, insulators, guys, transformer, and switch racks and other overhead pole and Underground Residential Distribution equipment using a variety of hand tools, equipment, and power tools.
- Perform line switching or sectionalizing as required.
- Perform emergency repairs, phases, and connect circuits under load.
- Perform load checks and balance feeders as required.
- Climb poles to install or repair overhead lines.
- Dig trenches to install or repair underground cables.
- Perform troubleshooting to identify problems with electrical lines.
- Follow all safety guidelines established by the client and federal regulations.
- Construct and maintain dead or energized overhead and underground transmission and distribution circuits Install and remove all types of transformers, arresters, fuses, cutouts, switches, and street-lighting equipment.
- Responsible for construction, operation, and safety of the Company's lines and poles and all equipment attached thereto.
- Drive articulated boom trucks, ladder trucks, hole-digging and pole-setting equipment, and other equipment associated with distribution and transmission work.
- Perform pole-top rescue as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Journeyman Lineman card required.
- Must obtain and maintain a commercial driver's license (CDL) Class A.
- Knowledge of safety Regulations and OSHA required
- Must be able to climb.
- Must live within a 45-minute commute from regular work site or must be willing to travel.
- Familiarity with personal computer and email preferred.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.