About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Who we are!
The Safety Directors position organizes, coordinates, and maintains the Health, Safety, &Training activities, including training and compliance, for the respective Operating Area. This position directs the Safety Mangers and Representatives. The position assumes a lead member role with other Safety Directors within BHI Energy Power Services. Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
- Directs work areas and equipment to ensure compliance with company, state and federal safety policies and regulations.
- Develop and promote a culture in that deliver's safe workers and a safe work place
- Implement accident prevention activities as directed or needed
- Act as the technical resource in respective Operating Area for safety issues
- Conduct safety orientation and training in a timely, professional manner. Deliver quality presentations.
- Conduct accident investigations on time
- Assist in injury/illness case management. Avoid injuries becoming OSHA recordable' internal and external customer service a top priority
- Assist Operating Area management in executing safety responsibilities and in making safety efforts successful
- Provide positive, proactive leadership by example
- Recommend safety improvement/accident prevention methods
- Work with Operating Area management to integrate safety into daily work procedures
- Complete new hire orientation ensuring all required paperwork is given to safety administrator for record retention.
- Serve as the Operating Area Safety Committee Chairperson
What it takes?
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the utility field.
- Minimum of 5-8 years' safety experience in the construction industry.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA laws and regulations.
- Current valid driver's license.
- Able to travel regularly with overnights as needed. Flexibility to work additional hours/weekends as required.
- Strong supervisory/management skills, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- A recognized safety certification a plus.
- CSP or CUSP Preferred
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.