About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Job Title: Principal Radiation Protection Engineer
Under limited management oversight, provides leadership in the maintenance of the Radiation
Protection/Health Physics engineering functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities
are to assist and support management in the development of the Radiation Protection Program core
functions by developing, evaluating, monitoring and interpreting authorized limits, dose constraints,
control levels of radiation and contamination at the PORTS site in accordance with the DOE approved
Radiation Protection Program (RPP). Other duties include the development and support of the DOE
458.1 compliant program for controlling radioactive material and exposure to the environment.
Development and review of radiological worker training elements and objectives, radiological control
technician core training modules qualification standards and administrative guides. Maintain training and,
design elements appropriate to establish preventative measures to limit exposure of site personnel,
including ALARA goals and data collection analysis, and ensuring that site operations are conducted in
accordance with contractual, statutory and regulatory requirements and FBP procedures. The specific
work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management.
Job Details/Essential Job Functions:
- Provides professional technical and/or functional guidance to the Radiation Protection team
- Development and delivery of radiological worker training
- Development and delivery of radiological control technician training
- Participates in planning and optimizing ALARA design and control to support D&D, Environmental
Remediation and Waste Management related to measurements, controls, ALARA evaluations, and
- Prepares survey and release plans for facilities and equipment
- Evaluates materials and equipment for unrestricted release
- Performs personnel dose assessments
- Provides technical guidance in interpreting standards
- Provides technical guidance in selecting anti-C clothing
- Assist in the development of corrective actions in response to radiological problems
- Performs audits and assessments of functional areas of the radiological program
- Development and maintenance of internal and external dosimetry program
6 am to 4:30 pm with other shifts possible
Email resumes to email@example.com
Only individuals who are U.S. citizens and are at least 18 years of age may be processed for or granted a security clearance
- BS/BA degree in Health Physics, Engineering, Science or Math or a related field
- 10 years of operational health physics experience
- 7 years health physics engineering/dosimetry/training experience
- 3 years of experience in the DOE/NNSA complex or a Gaseous Diffusion Enrichment facility
- American Board of Health Physics (ABHP) Certified Health Physicist certification or graduate degree in Health Physics is required
- Ability to wear respirator and other protective equipment
- Ability to perform medium to very heavy work
- Ability to obtain DOE "L" security clearance
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here