About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
The Safety Representative I position organizes, coordinates, and maintains the Health, Safety, &Training activities, including training and compliance, for the respective Operating Area. This position receives direction from the Safety Director. The position assumes a team member role with other Safety Representatives within BHI Energy T&D Services. Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
Job Details/Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and promote a culture in that deliver's safe workers and a safe workplace
- Implement accident prevention activities as directed or needed
- Act as the technical resource in respective Operating Area for safety issues
- Conduct safety orientation and training in a timely, professional manner.
- Conduct accident investigations on time
- Assist in injury/illness case management.
- Assist Operating Area management in executing safety responsibilities and in making safety efforts successful
- Work with Operating Area management to integrate safety into daily work procedures
- Complete new hire orientation ensuring all required paperwork is given to safety administrator for record retention.
- Serve as the Operating Area Safety Committee Chairperson
- Communicate with Corporate Safety Director Issues and concerns that are in your operating area.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the utility field.
- Minimum of 5 years' safety experience in the construction industry.
- Must have Transmission and Distribution experience.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA laws and regulations.
- Current valid driver's license.
- Able to travel regularly with overnights as needed. Flexibility to work additional hours/weekends as required.
- Ability to be hands-on, comfortable speaking and presenting to groups.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures with a particular field.
- The location of everyday activities of the position take place inside (office environment) and outside (varying weather conditions).
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate degree or a degree in Safety or related field preferred.
- A recognized safety certification a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here