About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy is looking for a qualified Sr. Accountant to work for our client located in Richmond, VA.
The role is primarily responsible for assisting with the preparation, annual and quarterly filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and for the preparation of GAAP financial statements for other applicable reporting requirements. The candidate must be highly motivated and able to work collaboratively in a team environment. A key aspect of this role is developing relationships across various departments to gather information relevant to financial reporting. The candidate should be willing to contribute to innovation and process-improvement. Strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to understand and analyze technical GAAP/SEC guidance are critical.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of financial statements and disclosures, as assigned, for potential inclusion in Form 10-K/Q, other filings with the SEC, financial reporting requirements for debt covenant compliance and/or employee benefit plan filings with the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Create and maintain appropriate supporting documentation to ensure compliance with applicable internal control requirements.
- Review information prepared and/or provided by others to be included in various filings.
- Analyze compliance with disclosure requirements.
- Evaluate disclosure requirements
- Assist in reviewing XBRL associated with certain SEC filings.
- Routinely coordinate with various teams within as it pertains to financial reporting needs.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- This role has excellent visibility and growth potential
Qualifications / Education / Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting preferred.
- 5+ years general accounting experience or 4+ years working in public accounting (A Master's degree can count towards one year of experience. A partial year of six months or more will be rounded up to one year).
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred; strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles is a requirement.
- SOX experience is preferred.
- Energy industry experience or experience with financial reporting preferred.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here