About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy is looking for a qualified Project Engineer. The Project Engineer is the technical coordinator of all engineering tasks for the project(s), the engineering subject matter expert (SME) during RFP and Bid Reviews, and assists the Project Leader/Project Manager with coordinating related project tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all projects are executed with Safety and Environmental Compliance as the primary focus of all personnel supporting his/her projects.
- Work with Project Leader/Manager to understand project scopes and help develop written scopes of work, including scopes of work specifically for a contracted Owners Engineer (OE).
- Interface with PG Engineering, Station Management, and other departments as needed to help develop the project.
- Assist Project Leader/Manager with RFP and Bid Review processes.
- Develop engineering specifications for RFP and review/revise specifications and guidance as needed.
- Manage the Request For Information (RFI) process on behalf of Project Leader/Manager.
- Assist Project Leader/Manager on developing/reviewing a Bid Review Matrix, provide guidance and knowledge to aid in the determination of the chosen bidder.
- Manage/coordinate engineering questions, answers, reviewing and technical troubleshooting with the OE and/or chosen bidder (EPC).
- Coordinate engineering reviews with appropriate counterparts in PG Engineering.
- Work with Project Leader/Project Manager to ensure engineering deliverables are met as agreed to in a contract between client and the OE and/or EPC.
- Review work in the field with compliance to engineering specifications as laid out in the contract between client and the OE and/or EPC.
- Provide knowledge and troubleshooting assistance during the startup and commissioning of the project(s).
- Assist the Project Leader/Project Manager with other tasks as directed.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- BS degree in Electrical, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years as project engineer or assisting a project manager in multi-functional teams in a matrix environment.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here