About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy is seeking a Remote Operations Specialist who will provide operation of Specialized Robotic Systems. The Remote Operations Specialist will be required to responsibly operate remote field-based robotics, specifically designed for purpose within an enclosed, regulated, monitored radiological containment(s) structure(s).
Job Details / Essential Job Functions:
- Opening of remote engineered shield and non-shielded canisters.
- Daily operation of remote scientific equipment via one or more monitors, and greater than 300 yards or more away from the work.
- Remotely Manipulate valves, switches and controls.
- Remotely Open and close transfer port system(s).
- Remotely Segregate radiological, Hazardous, Chemical and Pyrophoric waste material(s).
- Operate engineered Remote Viewing systems.
- Assist with the Characterization of waste.
- Operation of specialize remote crane/hoist(s).
- Operate Remote Bridge and Trolley system(s).
- Perform routine maintenance of remote specialized equipment.
- Required to support trouble shooting of equipment and offer resolution(s).
- Assist with removal of equipment and/or materials from the enclosed, regulated, monitored radiological containment(s) structure(s).
- Work in a Radiological Area(s), wear full face respiratory, wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and clothing.
- Support the SBWRS project in completion of scheduled task.
- Responsibility and accountability for accurately handling the details associated with one's work
- Assist with preparing of work plans, packages, hazard analysis, and routine log sheet sheets.
- Monitors work in progress and reports as required.
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters.
Qualifications / Education / Experience:
- Ability to operate Remote Specialized Robotic equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Basic knowledge of Robotic processes and practices.
- Ability to read and understand engineered drawings.
- Ability to read, understand and follow operation procedures and protocols.
- Basic understanding of occupational health and safety programs and working safely. Additionally, work experience in high risk or nuclear environment would be considered an asset.
- Capability to complete pre-operational and functional checks (visual walk-about) and documentation for safe operation of equipment.
- Ability to understand detailed information and instruction - verbal and written - including the ability to read and understand specifications and interpret complex construction drawings.
- Successful completion of a recognized robotics, automation program at a college or university, or apprenticeship in one or more relevant industrial or technical trades.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant technical experience operating remote robotics or remote field equipment.
- Demonstrated safe operation of remote hydraulic and electrical equipment via a monitor and remote control system(s).
- Proven ability to participate and contribute to a team environment with Engineers, Designers, Procedure writers and other support disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in working with engineered drawings to complete tasks, and adherence to operations procedures and protocols.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here