About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy is seeking a Designer II for a 1+ year contract assignment. This design position provides new and existing commercial, industrial, residential, and internal customers with distribution design project management for most areas of design, which may include complex projects based on skill level. This position has a direct impact on safety, system operation, financial results, reliability, and customer satisfaction
- Function as the primary contact for future and existing customers by providing cost effective designs that balance customers' needs in accordance with Company standards and administrative guidelines.
- Demonstrate ability to set direction, influence others and build teamwork across work groups and areas to achieve department and Company goals.
- Manage projects from initial customer contact through post project analysis. Establish and manage the construction work plan with construction forces in order to meet the customers' schedule and design requirements as well as financial and budgetary requirements.
- Provide work direction for construction personnel and act as the liaison between the construction department and customers.
- Obtain permits and easements for facilities in accordance with city ordinances, state, federal, and county agencies as required.
- Execute contracts and agreements in compliance with administrative instructions and regulatory requirements.
- Represent the Company with government officials, contractors, city agencies, vendors, architects, and engineers to provide service to customers.
- Promote a safe work environment and design a safe operating system while providing premier customer service.
- Support and promote Company safety programs, including monitoring public safety around Company Delivery facilities.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree OR Associate technical degree or lineman certificate from an accredited school and one year of experience in design, construction, project management, customer service, communication, or related field experience OR Combination of education and experience providing equivalent job-related knowledge to provide exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Working knowledge of GIS design software, customer application software, SAP or other work management programs preferred.
- Knowledge of construction standards, materials, and technical codes preferred.
- Highly effective communication and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to successfully complete established Skill-Based Training Program.
- Must have a valid driver's license and provide own vehicle.
- Travel and overnight stays may be required throughout the service territory.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here