About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy is looking for a Design Draftsman local to Akron, OH. To Perform drafting and design work and complete related paperwork and other engineering recording.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform drafting and design work and complete related paperwork and other engineering recording.
- Conduct maintenance activities associated with the design of Company facilities.
- Prepare manual or computer assisted drawings in accordance with Company standards.
- Complete necessary paperwork and input data into company record systems as required.
- Provide information and direction to others regarding company facilities.
- Coordinate activities on Company projects utilizing engineering records, field book and mapping information, etc.
- Compile cost estimates for construction projects.
- Design the installation and/or relocation of company facilities, including required material and piping configurations for pipelines, services, pressure regulating stations, etc.
- Perform duties within the CAD Design Technician classification for which he/she is qualified
- Review third party civil plans in relation to Company facilities
- Acquire local, state, and federal permits for distribution and transmission natural gas replacement projects.
- Assists team members with post construction restoration inspection and customer complaints.
- Tracking, monitoring, scheduling, and preparing and/or revising various construction CAD drawings related to permitting comments from local jurisdiction review.
- Monitors vendor activity to ensure compliance with construction and restoration standards.
- Assist in the assembling of construction packets
Qualifications / Education / Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- High school diploma or GED with at least 1 year of AutoCAD design experience OR proof of AutoCAD class taken in pursuit of an Engineering degree, OR a certificate of completion of the Basics of AutoCAD
- Vocational or technical training in an engineering or related (drafting/design) discipline.
- AutoCAD Experience, Training in Drafting/Design, MS Office
- GIS Experience
- SAP Experience
- Understanding of welding, plastic fusion, inspection, and test procedures
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.