About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Florida Power & Light Storm Hardening Project. In this capacity, the incumbent is responsible for supporting everyday requests from designated Management personnel and on-going administrative tasks related to the general operations of the project and staff.
Job Details/Essential Job Functions:
- Answer the main telephone line for the company and route incoming calls to the appropriate personnel or answer the caller's questions.
- Perform data entry, record keeping, and filing with office documents including but not limited to organization charts, project time schedules which translate into future invoices to client, and office directory.
- Coordinate the planning of trips, work and social events including but not limited to arranging flights and hotel accommodations, contacting vendors, ordering food, purchasing, and displaying decorations, and coordinating details relating to venue.
- Update all emergency and safety manuals, purchase and restock first aid supplies, maintain safety equipment for office and field, replenish supplies for safety bags, organize safety training including CPR and other mandatory and non-mandatory courses.
- Coordinate all Accounts Payable duties for the Daytona Beach office to include reconciling credit card statements for the Project Manager, assist leaders with expense reports for Accounts Payable, managing auto payments for company credit cards and sending invoices to corporate Accounts Payable for paper checks to be cut.
- Act as liaison with vendors including but not limited to the ice machine, printers, and vending machines.
- Support the Project Manager by managing the facilities including but not limited to the workload of the maintenance and janitorial personnel, air conditioning units, plumbing in the building, and all respective vendors.
- Purchase computer equipment and office supplies.
- Schedule interviews for hiring managers and candidates and conducts reference checks when candidates are selected.
- Process paperwork for new employees and submit employee information to the payroll mailbox.
- Update employee information to include changes in title and function as well as employee changes of addresses.
- Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for employees.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Provide information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans, and collective agreement provisions.
- Schedule training sessions for all programs for the company and manages all details including purchasing refreshments and supplies, draft and send invitations, and prepare room prior to training.
- Perform other related duties as required.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Associate degree in business or a related field and two (2) to four (4) years of experience as an Administrative Assistant or the equivalent experience.
- Excellent computer skills, presentation skills, organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks at one time are required. Excellent working knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Suite Applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, and SharePoint.
- Experience in working with local area networks and shared drives.
- Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity, and trust.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to work overtime, to include shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed; and be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here