About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Director of Safety and Human Performance is responsible for leading a wide range of activities related to BHI's Safety initiatives and Human Performance programs. This position will develop, manage and implement BHI safety programs for the prevention of industrial, motor vehicle, and/or workplace accidents; ensure that BHI follows all federal and state safety laws including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT). This person will identify safety training needs and develop safety training programs to reduce employees' exposure to injuries; and conduct safety training and quarterly safety meetings. This person will collaborate with the Business Units to eliminate or reduce employee exposure to hazards in the workplace; and conduct safety audits and inspections to ensure compliance with OSHA and BHI expectations.
- Provide leadership to safety managers and safety representatives at various client sites
- Develop work schedule for safety managers and safety representatives at various client sites
- Directs work areas and equipment to ensure compliance with company, state and federal safety policies and regulations.
- Develop and promote a culture that deliver's safe workers and a safe workplace
- Implement accident prevention activities as directed or needed
- Act as the technical resource in respective Operating Area for safety issues
- Responsible for developing and distributing weekly safety newsletter
- Conduct safety orientation and training in a timely, professional manner. Deliver quality presentations.
- Conduct accident investigations on time
- Assist in injury/illness case management.
- Internal and external customer service
- Assist Operating Area management in executing safety responsibilities and in making safety efforts successful
- Provide positive, proactive leadership by example
- Recommend safety improvement/accident prevention methods
- Work with Operating Area management to integrate safety into daily work procedures
- Complete new hire orientation ensuring all required paperwork is given to safety administrator for record retention.
- Serve as the Operating Area Safety Committee Chairperson
What it takes?
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Safety Manager
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in the Nuclear Power industry.
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
- Current valid driver's license.
- 40-50% travel required
- Strong leadership/supervisory/management skills, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Bachelor's Degree a plus
- A recognized safety certification a plus.
- ISNetworld experience preferred
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here