About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy is seeking a Project Cost Analyst Sr. who coordinates project cost analysis and controls for team activities supporting the Project Managers (PMs), or other staff, including overseeing cost reporting for multiple projects and monitoring project budgets to assure accurate depiction of project cost on large and complex projects under minimal supervision. Input of budgets within the AEP corporate systems, providing ongoing forecast updates and variance analysis, input and tracking of key performance indicators (KPIs), and working collaboratively with project teams to implement best practices throughout the project lifecycle. Provides communication and develops partnerships with internal and external customers. Develop/conduct training, lead continuous process improvement efforts and develop tools and processes utilized. Might also be responsible for creation of work orders and having direct interface in coordinating with external contractors and vendors to integrate these parties into the overall project budget and schedule.
Job Details / Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate project meetings and work activities. Support the PM in the preparation and updating of project documentation and planning.
- Prepare forecasts of project spending and cash flows, budget variance monitoring, cost tracking/analysis. Provide analysis and verification for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) activities and assist with providing input to annual budget, capital forecasts, five-year plan and improvement requisitions. Perform estimate vs. actuals analysis.
- Collaborate with Project Management (PM), and other vested parties to perform variance reporting and/or establish original baseline budgets that are time-phased with dates from the system schedule. Create project breakdown structures.
- Perform some departmental organizational functions to ensure the smooth operation of project functions. This includes tracking, analyzing, and submitting verifying information for unvouchered liabilities, keeping project system records current and complete, and coordinating the work order process related to a project from creation of the work order through in-servicing and closing.
Qualifications / Education / Experience:
- Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Accounting, Finance, Business, Construction Management, Engineering, Technology, or Project Management, or related field plus four (1) years' qualified experience. Associate degree, six (3) years' qualified experience.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here