About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
The Electrical Planner is responsible for supporting on-line and outage work control process with the development of work packages and ensuring generation of required support work order activities are prepared to support the project. The Electrical Planner is also responsible for revisions to work packages during execution of work.
- Review Engineering Changes (EC's), and any other design engineering deliverable information for constructability, installation, maintainability, and material requirements using independent judgment and exercising discretion.
- Initiate Material Requests (MR's) to support implementation of designed changes using the approved Engineer provided Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Coordinate with Engineering and implementation resources for the generation and implementation of required work permits (Hot Work Permit, Radiation Work Permits, Boundary Breaches, etc.).
- Perform prescreen for Security Compliance Review.
- Perform prescreen to determine the need for ALARA Planner input and review.
- Ensure communication with the Document Control personnel for issuing work packages for execution in field and field packaging updates.
- Generate and update Work Order Activity steps to support implementation of the EC.
- Provide recommended/suggested Lock-out/Tag-out (LOTO) isolation points for applicable scope of work.
- Determines the level of Foreign Material Exclusion (FME) requirements to be used; develop the initial FME Plan and route for approval.
- Perform/coordinate field constructability walk-down during the design development phase.
- Set-up and maintain the EC master binders used during the planning and implementation phase of the project.
- Notify field implantation and Document Control personnel when the EC or sections of the EC are placed on implementation hold.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- 4 years combined recent electrical supervision (Foreman or above) and recent electrical work order planning experience at a nuclear power plant
- Associates Electrical Engineering degree or higher and 3 years combined recent electrical craft, supervision, and work planning experience at a nuclear power plant.
- Experience functioning as an Electrical Planner on a nuclear installation project or modification.
- Recent Instrument and Controls supervision (Foreman or above) and/or recent work order planning experience at a nuclear power plant.
- Experience performing work order planning of a nuclear power plant digital upgrade
- Proficiency in the use of project planning software, such as Primavera P6
- Strong and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to pass all background and screening requirements including drug and/or alcohol screening.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here