About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy is seeking a PLC / SCADA Controls Engineer to support Distributed Generation control systems design and integration. In this position, the engineer will be responsible for design, development, and implementation of new automation systems as well as existing systems, all utilizing the latest technologies and trends in renewable energy projects.
- Ensures timely and accurate preparation of all engineering documentation and specifications required for the successful implementation of the projects and to meet the documentation needs of the customer as agreed to in order of acceptance.
- Establishes procedures and standards in safety, communications and performance testing; ensures adherence of all concerned on these procedures
- Extract all the contractual requirements as stated in the power purchase agreements as well as those stated in the interconnection agreement and will ensure that the current engineering and SCADA design meets all the deliverables
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive engineering programs and activities
- Manages multiple projects of complex diversity and scope which are of critical importance to overall company objectives
- Acts as a subject matter expert with internal and external customers on all aspects related to the Control and SCADA system for the project
- Manage consultants and suppliers to ensure timely completion of the project
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualification
Qualifications / Education / Experience:
- Control software design and programming PLC, SCADA
- Interfacing and coordination for M2M, B2B, DNP3
- Network Design, Specification, BOM, Sourcing
- Device Control Network Design, Specification, BOM, Sourcing
- PLCs (Schneider, IEC 611-31 Programming)
- SCADA & HMI systems (Wonderware, Ignition)
- HMI Panels & Panel PCs (Schneider, Red Lion, Eaton)
- IT Infrastructure, Radios and Cell Modems (MDS, Freewave, Sierra, Ubiquiti)
- Communication Protocols (Modbus, TCP/IP, MQQT, OPC)
- Can generate Bills of Materials for Automation systems and panels
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills along with thorough knowledge of the various applicable engineering disciplines including electrical fundamentals, control interfacing and software design for networked SCADA and control systems
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here