About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy is looking for a Materials Specialist. Candidates Local to Richmond, VA. Only: Staff is full time in office, may have some flexibility to work from home on a case-by-case basis
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create material numbers in SAP, maintains standards database and other systems to track inventory.
- Analyzes inventory, surplus or obsolete materials, and takes action to minimize stocking levels. Conduct SAP Transactions, and analysis.
- Work on cross functional teams, understand accounting, finance, inventory and engineering principals.
- Involved in Investment Recovery of surplus or obsolete materials.
- Works closely with Sourcing, Logistics and other third party suppliers to ensure compliance and best practices are maintained.
- Maintain monthly metrics, quarterly compliance reports, conduct slow dead material analysis, and other reports as assigned.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
Qualifications / Education / Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- 4 year college degree
- Inventory Control, Inventory Analysis
- Energy, Automotive/Truck,
- O&M or Distribution
- Plant mentality
- Understanding of parts/material items, Specifications and drawings
- 2-4 years of experience of inventory management
- Knowledge of materials management, procurement processes, and inventory control.
- SAP Knowledge of Materials Management modules in SAP (noted below),
- SAP Physical Inventory Count Documents
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.