About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy is looking a Systems Analyst for a contract opportunity in Cayce, SC. Primary responsibilities will focus on the development and maintenance of automation processes and scripts for server patching and disk space management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Server Administration duties for Red Hat Linux RHEL6, RHEL7, RHEL8.
- Provide technical support to software application developers, database administrators, and other IT support staff.
- Installation of server OS, apply OS patches, server applications
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and diagnostic
- work with peer IT support teams when needed to identify and fix issues.
- Maintain Operating Systems software and Applications:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Red Hat Satellite
- RHEL storage configuration, including SAN and NAS technology
- Script development - languages such as shell, Python, & Ansible
- VMWare (bonus)
- Unitrends disk-based backup (bonus)
- NetApp Ontap (bonus)
- 24x7 on call support on a rotational basis
- Trouble ticket resolution - work with clients to diagnose and fix issues
- Adhere to Risk Management, NERC, and Sarbanes Oxley regulations
- Adhere to department standards, policies, and procedures
Qualifications / Education / Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems is preferred but not required
- 2 years' experience in RHEL Linux server OS and Satellite patching administration
- NAS/SAN storage concepts/administration including NetApp Ontap.
- General TCP/IP network knowledge
- General IT Linux security knowledge
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here