About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
As a Compensation and Benefits Analyst you must have will have a strong eagerness to learn, curiosity to problem solve, bring new ideas, and help reduce manual processes. Ability to help drive current state on systems of policies & procedures to future state. Seeking strong reporting and analysis skills. Position based in BHI Energy's corporate headquarters in Weymouth MA. Great growth opportunity in the Energy sector.
Responsible for collecting and analyzing data to support program decision-making. Able to aggregate large amounts of disparate data into clear, concise financial and business impact reports. Able to speak to data, make recommendations and support reasoning.
- Prepares and maintains files feeds for various vendors
- Managing payroll deductions and managing wellness programs to minimize health insurance costs.
- Conducting audits of benefits packages and policies to ensure that the company's processes are compliant.
- Understanding the legal issues with regard to salaries, pay equity, and LOA by reading relevant articles, making use of personal networks, and attending workshops with other professionals.
- Prepares and maintains job descriptions for each position in the organization; ensures descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents. Completes annual salary surveys.
- Ensures FLSA compliance by reviewing jobs and their respective duties to determine classification as exempt or nonexempt and appropriate salary range.
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Provides financial and business impact analysis on requested changes to benefits and compensation programs.
- Provide technical research, plan interpretation and educational support to HR staff
- Identify opportunities to enhance benefit processes and procedures to improve department efficiencies and the team member experience
- Keeps up to date on employee benefit trends in similar industries; based on findings, recommends changes or updates to the company's existing benefits or policies.
- Cultivates strong working relationships with vendors and hold them accountable for delivering their stated performance measures.
- Collect and analyze statistical data, prepare HRIS reports, and complete surveys using various tools
- Conduct or contribute to special projects as requested or needed.
- 3-7 years of experience in benefits processes and/or retirement planning.
- Extensive excel data analysis and reporting skills.
- Familiarity with file management and Human Capital Management (HCM) systems.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations with regard to the processing of health and retirement benefits.
- Experience in managing leave of absence, time-off, and compensation programs.
- Experience in Microsoft Suite, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- In-depth understanding of state and local laws governing leave such as ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, and FMLA to ensure compliance.
- Excellent analytical skills to research and evaluate benefits and compensation programs to make informed choices.
- The ability to present information clearly and in a manner that is understandable to managers and employees and to answer questions.
- Excellent writing skills for reports and benefits information.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field required or equivalent relevant experience.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here