About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
FLSA Exemption: Professional
Reports To: Vice President of Operations, Southeast
Responsible for the overall operation of distribution construction contract(s) to include the safety and wellbeing of the employees, safeguarding company funds and property, and generally representing the company. Operation manager will be responsible for all activities associated with execution of one or more contracts including leading the field operations team and providing input to the Operations Support team to accurately and timely report revenue and job progress.
- Provide leadership to the general foremen responsible for distribution crews
- Create an environment where safety is the top priority and leadership focuses on identifying and mitigating risks to the team
- Set appropriate goals for quality, productivity and job performance and hold leadership team accountable for ensuring those goals are met
- Work closely with other members of the Florida Operations Leadership team to build a robust organization supporting all customers and work groups
- Engage with the Operations Support team to address issues and fill gaps which would impact the ability to process and closeout jobs
- Work closely with the Fleet leadership team to address issues impacting equipment and tooling
- Work with customer(s) to ensure contract expectations are met and field team meets all requirements
- Requires using independent judgement and the exercise of discretion
- Identify and direct correction of potential safety hazards. Assists with documentation and investigation of accidents and in collecting safety plans of action from foremen.
- Approve personnel time entries with General Foreman, questions and resolves discrepancies or variances in labor costs. Train Foremen and field personnel on data and time entry systems.
- Assist Billing Department in the preparation of billings to customers, identifies potential complications in receiving timely payment and addresses such concerns prior to submission to customer.
- Upload information into GPS system and collaborates with General Foremen to resolve GPS issues.
- Develop strong personal and professional relationships with client to establish long-term, ongoing relationships.
- Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, management or a related field and ten to fifteen years related experience in power delivery (T&D) required.
- Proven experience in an operations leadership role managing work groups across multiple geographic areas is desired.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills (e.g. conflict resolution, team builder) and consistency and clear judgment as unexpected problems or opportunities arise.
- Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity, and trust.
- Knowledge of BHI Energy processes and procedures and utilization of developed tools to most effectively manage work is essential.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Suite software is required.
- Excellent presentation skills, organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks at one time are required.
- Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required; to communicate effectively with peers, as well as with direct reports; subject to personnel call out as required in support of customer storm work requirements; to work overtime, to include shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed; and be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here