We are looking for someone who is passionate about maintaining compliance and environmental excellence in a power plant/regulatory environment. The ideal candidate will be able to spread their passion and enthusiasm to the rest of the team at the facility.
The Compliance Manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining the EH&S Programs for the facility and provides oversight, quality assurance, and support in those areas for plant management.
* Coordinate, oversee and implement daily environmental programs, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, local and site permit and regulatory requirements. Maintain detailed knowledge of the permits and programs of the EPA, DEQ, and Dominion. Serve as the site expert in those areas. Ensure all activities related to environmental compliance are carried out correctly, on time, and accurately. Maintain close and immediate communication with the plant management team and Dominion environmental personnel when irregularities arise.
* Continuous emissions monitoring system (CEMS) reporting - in accordance with Title V permit requirements enforceable by VA DEQ and U.S. EPA, responsible for the role of CEMS Coordinator, with responsibility of oversight of CEMS QA/QC activities, reviewing and compiling monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual air reports. Tasks include monitoring, record-keeping, interpreting data and submitting reports on-time.
* Stormwater/Wastewater program - maintain stormwater and wastewater regulatory compliance requirements per VADEQ Industrial Wastewater permit. Tasks include coordination of discharge sampling and analyses, review of results, preparation of monthly DMRs, stormwater inspections, recordkeeping, and updates to SWPPP.
* Spill prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plan - manage facility's oil management program as Environmental Coordinator role. Maintain active oversight of operating procedures, control measures for spill control, discharge prevention and countermeasures, equipment inspection/testing and oil training requirements. Communicate and coordinate with all internal parties on spill response and reporting.
* Perform duties related to handling hazardous materials and wastes in accordance with applicable regulations
* Provide support to the Owner for interface with local environmental regulators to include preparing for and coordinating inspections, responding to information requests, supporting strategies for and negotiations of permit modifications and renewals, and preparing routing compliance reports and communications.
* Maintain various facets of the Company's Environmental Management System (EMS) including but not limited to the EHS filing system, the Obligations Tracking System (OTS) and X Files (OSHA & regulatory-mandated training records)
other plant/corporate policies and procedures
* Act as liaison between plant and regulatory agencies
* Provide safety and compliance guidance to employees and contractors during plant equipment outages.
* Monitor and implement new and changing OSHA regulations