About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
The Work Management Specialist supports on-line work control process, assists with the development of work packages, ensures reporting, and capture of work completed, tracks work order status, and ensures all project documentation is collected for project closeout. This position will have oversight of the collection of job, employee, and financial data for Financial, Billing and Operations reporting. The WMS will provide support in their region to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of the data and its collection. The WMS is responsible for the creation/maintenance of the documents/tools used for the collection of data, as well as training new employees and WMS's on how to use those tools.
- Establish office functions to support the execution of work in the field
- Primary point of communications with the customer on work order scheduling, status, changes, and closeout
- Provide field support for work package revision/field changes, problem resolution, and work package/work order interpretation
- Coordinate with customer for order and delivery of major materials
- Coordinate with Billing function to facilitate timely, accurate invoicing
- Coordinate activities of other office personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Build/Manage/Oversee revenue tracking workbook
- Collect job information to build pre job packet
- Communicate Company directives/information to field employees
- Coordinate communication with customers, permits/COI for projects (as needed)
- Coordinate vendor services
- Create/Edit/Review weekly Operations Reports
- Maintain equipment roster
- Develop and maintain job schedule, deadlines, work stop issue documentation
- Manage reporting workbooks
- Provide/Review daily/weekly/monthly revenue numbers to Finance/Operations
- Respond to requests for information from other departments/customers
- Storm Response Coordination
- Troubleshoot IT issues with field
- Work with Fleet to coordinate equipment deliveries/pickups, as needed
- Answer all other related requests from Management/Customer
- Organizing/co-lead the orientation of new hire employees
- Provide oversight and support for new contracts to ensure proper controls are set in place
- Implement Project Controls framework to existing contracts in Distribution
What it takes:
- High School Diploma or GED is required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must have at least five (5) years of relevant experience with experience in the distribution operations/construction industry.
- Knowledge of power delivery (transmission/distribution) work processes is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in developing/maintaining project plans and schedules is required.
- Experience reading, evaluating, interpreting, and communicating provisions of contracts is preferred.
- Must have experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions.
- Must be proficient with PC operating systems and in several basic software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite software and Excel.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here