About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Designs, tests, installs, and maintains large-scale electronic equipment or machinery for use in manufacturing and power distribution. May use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments. Applies principles and techniques of electrical engineering to accomplish goals.
- Modeling of electrical utility distribution systems as part of load flow studies & short-circuit fault studies.
- Protection device coordination studies and development of protective device setting schemes for electrical utility distribution networks.
- Work with another engineer in the design and implementation of DACR schemes throughout PSO's service territory. This includes system modeling, coordination studies, and follow-through of coordinating the installation of equipment and services to support DACR.
- Development of construction drawings, procurement and construction specifications, and cost estimates for capital projects.
- Programming of field equipment for system optimization.
- Field checkout and start-up of new facilities.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Requirements:Has typically acquired 2 or more years of related engineering experience along with a Bachelor's degree in engineering in a program accredited by ABET*; Individuals with a Master's degree in engineering from an engineering program accredited by ABET* may be considered for entry into the organization at this level.*ABET - Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. Acceptable alternatives are (1. a Bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET), plus a Professional Engineers (PE) license in any state of the U.S. or (2. a Bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET) plus a Master's degree or PhD in engineering from a university with an ABET accredited Bachelor's program.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here