About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy is currently looking for an equipment operator to work at the Cape Fear Plant located in Moncure, NC. This is a local hire position. An equipment operator must have the appropriate licenses operating equipment (i.e. off-road dump trucks, backhoes, tractors, excavators and dozers). In additions to hands -on experience, they must have the ability to plan, estimate, operate, and perform pre-use vehicles inspections. Provide support to the ash pond project per the client with travel involved from site to site.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: Specific job responsibilities and duties should include but not be limited to:
Operator shall maintain a current motor vehicle driver's license at all times why being employed. They shall have the ability to plan, estimate, operate, and perform pre-use vehicles inspections. In addition to:
- Load, transport, and unload materials, tools, equipment, and support special projects.
- Inspect equipment for any malfunctions or defective parts, document the results and notifies supervisor of deficiencies.
- Understands verbal and hand signal directions given by signalman or spotter.
- Verify that pre-use inspections have been completed prior to operation of equipment.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills.
- 17 years of experience operating equipment such as (fork lifts, backhoes, tractors, and dozers.
- Loads, transports, and unload materials, tools, equipment, and supplies to support project activities.
- Understands verbal and hand signal directions given by signalman or spotters
- Inspects equipment for malfunctions or defective parts, documents results and notifies supervisor of deficiencies.
- Places defective equipment in an “out of service” status to prevent personnel injury or further equipment damage.
- Utilize appropriate PPE and Reflective Clothing as required by site specific requirements.
- Performs basic mechanical adjustments or services as needed and authorized by client.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma.
- 3 years' experience operating equipment (i.e. fork lifts, backhoes, tractors, and dozers).
- Must pass a drug test.
- Must pass a security background check.
- Maintain a valid motor vehicle driver's license.
- Certify qualifications per plant specific procedure in a manner similar to the following:
- Attend a refresher training, pass a written or practical operation exam.
- Provide documentation of successful completion of classroom training written exam or practical operation exam.
- Maintain Annual site requalification.
- Maintain qualification to perform routine inspections in accordance with plant procedures.
- Be able to climb and work from ladders and scaffolding.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds overhead.
- Verify pre-use inspections have been completed prior to operation.
- Follow safe work practices.
- Complete administrative document, data sheets, and forms in accordance with approved procedures.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here