About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy is currently hiring Utility Workers's at the L.V. Sutton Steam Plant, located in Wilmington, NC. This is a local hire positon and does not pay travel, perdiem, or any relocation fees. In this position you will be responsible for day-to-day utility support and minor mechanical support in assigned areas within the facility to optimize safe operations. Work performance and cleaning shall be to a level that meets established standards and expectations of BHI Energy Power Services and the client.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: Specific job responsibilities and duties should include but not be limited to:
- Removing coal, coal dust, and coal byproducts (e.g. fly ash) from plant areas, equipment, and facilities using standard industrial cleaning techniques
- Collecting trash (e.g. card board, wood pallets) from plant areas and transporting to dumpsters
- Required to use hand tools such as shovels, picks, wheelbarrows, squeegees, and brooms.
- May be required to open and close railroad car hopper doors, open and close railroad car “drawheads” and operate equipment to permit dumping and or vibrating car doors when frozen coal is apparent
- May be required to operate power tools such as high and low pressure water washing systems, steam cleaners, pumps, floor cleaning equipment, vacuum equipment, and jack hammers
- May also be required, when trained, to operate equipment such as front-end loaders, backhoes, dump trucks, vacuum trucks, tractors, fork lifts, and other light construction equipment
- May drive a client/company vehicle in the performance of certain duties with approval
- Will be required to work in and around “rotating equipment”
- Notifying management of need for repairs of any equipment
- Actively participate in Pre-Job and Safety Briefings
- Follow established safe work practices
- Use administrative documents, procedures, data sheets/forms properly
- Climb and work from ladders and scaffolding if necessary
- Must be able to pass a security background check
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must have reliable transportation
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here