About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy is currently looking for a Working Foreman to work at the Sutton Steam Plant located in Wilmington, NC. This is a long term local hire position. There is no reimbursement for relocation. In this position you will be responsible for day-to-day supervising of safe performance of employees that you are assigned daily. Work performance and minor mechanical support shall be to a level that meets established standards and expectations of BHI Energy Power Services and the client. You will be required to travel between the two site.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: Specific job responsibilities and duties should include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring the removal of coal, coal dust, and coal byproducts (e.g. fly ash) from plant areas, equipment, and facilities using standard industrial cleaning techniques by their employees
- Responsible for providing assistance if needed for the removal of trash, debris, (e.g. card board, wood pallets) from plant areas and transporting to dumpsters
- Responsible for overseeing employees on a day to day operation of using hand tools such as shovels, picks, wheelbarrows, squeegees, and brooms.
- May be required to oversee the operation of opening and closing railroad car hopper doors, opening and closing railroad car “draw heads” and operate equipment to permit dumping and or vibrating car doors when frozen coal is apparent
- Responsible for the ensuring the operation of power tools such as high and low pressure water washing systems, steam cleaners, pumps, floor cleaning equipment, vacuum equipment, and jack hammers by their assigned employees
- May also be required, when trained, to operate equipment such as front-end loaders, backhoes, dump trucks, vacuum trucks, tractors, fork lifts, and other light construction equipment as well as oversee employees to use the equipment
- Will be required to work in and around “rotating equipment” while supervising employees working under you and also ensure that each of their assigned individuals are on the applicable Loto's before working on any equipment
- Must be available to help employees address and resolve a wide variety of safety concerns and complaints and perform Coaching/Counseling when needed as well as DAR's
- Responsible for providing assistance and support in daily paper work (i.e. vacation request, and other various office forms, completing job task, qualify/verify/and validate completed assignments
- Responsible for maintaining proper documentation of daily activities
- Responsible for administering rules, regulations, policies, job hazard analyses, pre-job briefs, and procedures to the employees
- Responsible for the safety of all employees assigned to your work group as well as other work groups
- Be able to communicate with the client, supervisors, as well as employees
- Must be able to pass a security background check
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must have own transportation
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here