About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI is looking for a Lead Accountant for a contract opportunity in Richmond, VA. Must be local to Richmond.
This position is currently working a hybrid work schedule in which we report to the office two days per week and work remotely three days per week
Duties and Responsibilities
- This role will support provision of accounting services to the buyer of our recently divested western gas transmission pipeline business.
- The candidate will participate in monthly closing activities (including journal entries, account reconciliations and financial analysis) and support financial and regulatory report preparation.
- This role will provide oversight for other accountants and will coordinate completion and review of quarterly regulatory reports.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelors or master's degree, preferably in accounting.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- 7+ years of general accounting experience or 5+ years of experience working in public accounting
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. General Accounting Principles (GAAP), practices and procedures
- Excellent computer skills including Exce
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience using SAP software; exposure to FERC regulatory reporting; prior supervisory experience
- Experience with the regulated gas transmission business
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
If you have previously applied on BHI’s Career Portal please Log in here