About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Security is looking for a Controls Specialist for an opportunity located in Dutch John, UT.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This role installs, maintains, and troubleshoots instrumentation, control circuits and equipment related to natural gas processes such as the compression, dehydration, measurement, transmission and storage of natural gas.
- Installation includes mounting, wiring, connecting, testing, configuring, and programming instruments and devices.
- Maintenance includes routine calibration, and functional testing of process instruments and devices, documentation of calibration data collected during inspections utilizing the instrument inspection monitoring system, verification of data communication systems that provide real time process and alarm information to the facility control center.
- Troubleshooting includes the utilization of equipment such as a laptop computer, multi-meter, instrument/device communicator, device software, documenting process calibrator, etc.
Develops and maintains interactive work relationships to accurately and effectively complete job responsibilities.
- Directs, advises, instructs, inspects, supports, and/or assists contractors and employees in the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of assets.
- Ensures regulatory and compliance standards are met.
Knowledge of the following systems and processes:
- Reciprocating and turbine engines, gas dehydration, measurement, environmental motoring, compression and supporting systems
- Electric driven compressors may be required.
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic theory and principles
Measurement devices (Press, Flow, Temperature, Moisture, Vibration, Speed, Density, Level) and ability to calibrate the same
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Ethernet Communications Equipment
- Valves and Positioners
- National Electric Code and National Bureau of Standards Transmitter calibration and tolerance standards.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Associate Degree
- Disciplines Preferred: Electronics & Communications Engineering, Computer Technology
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Required: ICS Certified Control Systems Technician (CCST) Level I must be obtained within one year of start date.
Ability to do the following:
- Interpret control system software for the purpose of diagnostic troubleshooting;
- pass electrical, electronic and digital equipment troubleshooting tests
- Troubleshoot electrical, electronic and pneumatic equipment
- Interpret installation specifications, wiring schematics, instrument drawings and component diagrams
- Define specifications and requisition instrumentation and control equipment
- Define problems, collect data and draw correct conclusions
Work independently and as a team member
- Communicate effectively and develop effective rapport with customers and diverse teams
- Operate diagnostic equipment (multimeter, calibrator, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Effectively operate a personal computer and use Microsoft applications and software.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here