About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
We are looking for a Budget Analyst to work at our client's site located in Bridgman, MI. This is a long term contract position with a highly desirable company that has the future potential to become permanent for the right candidate. The standard four day work week is a hybrid combination of in-office and work-from-home.
This individual is someone who is able to work both independently and collaboratively with a team. Must have strong communication skills to facilitate the resolution of issues. This position works closely with corporate finance teams including financial reporting, internal audits and external auditors. The work is in a procedure-driven and regulated environment.
Job Details / Essential Job Functions:
- Works closely with department managers to educate and inform regarding financial transactions and performance, as well as the use of various accounting-related systems.
- Involved in preparing, and analyzing monthly financial data ensuring compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley principles.
- Performs variance analyses and investigates anomalies, making corrections as needed.
- Annual and monthly budget and planning duties of multiple departments.
- Prepares journal entries and project cost auditing/validation.
- Month end closing processes, variance analysis, fixed asset accounting and performance indicators.
- Produce ad-hoc reports using database reporting tools.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar discipline preferred or minimum 3-years' experience in financial or accounting role with analysis responsibilities.
- Advanced Excel skills (MACROS & Pivot Tables) to be able to maintain and modify complex spreadsheets that are used for reconciliation, analysis and reporting.
- Ability to pass criminal background, drug/alcohol screen (including medical and recreational marijuana as well as CBD oil), and employment testing.
- You are a local candidate to the client's location (no per diem or relocation is offered)
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here