T & D
The Construction Manager is responsible for representing the company in all aspects of contractor activities in the field, construction field management and inspection of transmission lines and substation projects within an assigned geographic area. Monitors and coordinates the activities of contractors involved in construction activities of transmission facilities. Ensures the safe and efficient performance of contract crews engaged in construction activities for client while meeting client's quality standards and approved construction practices. Will be responsible for assistance with providing detailed job descriptions, before-and-after pictures, asset identification, and records for each individual line maintenance job.
• Individual is assigned project of low to medium complexity requiring close stakeholder interaction such as substation expansion projects, transmission line re-build projects, or other system enhancement projects.
• Ensures contractor compliance with Federal, State, Local and Eversource environmental and safety programs, policies, rules and regulations.
• Ensures contractor compliance with Eversource standards and procedures
• Manages contract field construction and maintenance activities at transmission and distribution facilities in accordance with approved project documents, established engineering practices, Federal, State and local laws, and construction industry standards to achieve world-class field construction performance.
• Ensures Project Manager and project team are notified of any deviations in construction safety compliance, environmental compliance, schedule, design, materials, budget, and commissioning plans.
• Reviews project design and construction documents to ensure constructability and schedule adherence.
• Reviews project material requirements to identify items that have not been ordered to support the construction project. Coordinate delivery of materials to construction site.
• Attends, participates, and may lead scheduled project meetings
• Conducts on site construction management briefings and prepare reports reflecting project status, schedule and project uncertainties.
• Ability to oversee and coordinate contractor activities.
• May be responsible for development or review of commissioning plans, outage requests, and holds electrical system clearances and take switching orders to support construction projects and or storm restoration.
• Responsible for contractor evaluations, project reconciliations and close out activities following completion of projects.
• May be required to establish accurate and professional communications with customers during a project.
• May be required to work extended hours during certain phases of construction projects.
• Provides substation escort for non-qualified individuals.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE / SKILL:
• Must obtain and maintain switching and tagging certification (ESOP-100)
• OSHA Training
• Knowledge of applicable safety regulations and codes along with construction standards and regulations
• Working knowledge of construction methods and procedures
• Knowledge of energy delivery power systems
• The ability to learn and utilize available information technologies
What It's Going to Take:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, related degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of five (5) years of related construction experience required
• Experience in Transmission Systems preferred