About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy - Staffing Solutions has an immediate need for an experienced Power Plant Technician for a long-term local job in the Dalton, GA area. Ideal candidate with have prior Power, Industrial, or related plant experience in the daily maintenance activities of the facility. This is a local job as no per Diem or travel will be provided. Great opportunity for local opportunity for estimated 2-year assignment. Ideal candidate will have experience in the maintenance of pumps, motors, valves, flanges, rigging, routine welding, and associated Balance of Plant equipment.
A Plant Support Technician is responsible for assisting plant operations personnel in the safe and efficient operation of the power plant in the assigned area of responsibility.
Must be local to Dalton, GA
- The Plant Support Technician uses computers and monitoring equipment to measure, record and adjust plant operating parameters. Assists with a variety of operational activities such as plant equipment trouble shooting and LOTO. Assist in the development of standard operational routines, procedures and provides input to plant improvement projects to optimize plant efficiency, reliability, and safety.
- Supports compliance of all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures. Regularly required to maintain plant security, operate plant equipment including man-lifts, forklifts, and handle bulk chemicals offloads. Is responsible to be an active participant in their personal training.
- A Plant Operator Support Technician must be able to support the Operations staff with operating plant equipment to generate electrical energy safely and efficiently and must be able to complete other tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma and attendance in trade school, military service or equivalent.
- Entry level: minimum 2 years directly related experience including understanding of health and safety regulations, and previous experience working with and around hazardous energy, chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling, storage, and transport.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity, and mathematics.
- Valid state driver's license.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here