About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Responsible to the assigned supervisor for performing engineering work activities and projects requiring the application of engineering knowledge in a safe, effective, efficient and economic accomplishment of assigned objectives.
- Perform and Review relay protection and control activities for 4kV thru 765KV electrical substation projects.
- Prepare and Review P&C scopes for electric substation projects.
- Prepare and/or review P&C engineering settings and designs for electrical substation projects.
- Prepare and Review Relay Setting Calculation Sheets, Setting Files and other relay setting deliverables for substation projects.
- Perform area protection studies and recommend settings for existing and new transmission line and station protection schemes.
- Model transmission system impedances and perform short circuit fault studies.
- Perform activities related to NERC P&C standards. Prepare and review PRC-023, FAC-008 etc. NERC required documents.
- Review, evaluate and provide P&C comments and recommendations on transmission system planning proposals.
- Coordinate with transmission customers and interconnected companies on associated protection issues.
- Provide engineering support for project installation, commissioning, checkout and troubleshooting.
- Provide general P&C technical support, as needed, including the technical interfaces with Telecomm, Operations, Transmission Region Operations, Station Engineering, Transmission Planning and Project Management.
- Peer Review and approve P&C related work of other team members. Manage, Oversee and peer review P&C related work of outsource companies.
- Identify, clarify, resolve, and initiate solutions to protection and control problems through analysis of interruption reports and fault recorder records.
- Contribute to development of system-wide protection standards for transmission and distribution station protection, metering and control applications.
- Participate in project scheduling, resource planning, and cost control for assigned projects.
Minimum Requirements: ·Has typically acquired 6 or more years of related engineering experience along with a BSEE degree in engineering in a program accredited by ABET; Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) in any U.S. state or Puerto Rico is encouraged and preferred. ABET - Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. Acceptable alternatives are (1) a bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET), plus a Professional Engineers (PE) license in any state of the U.S. or (2) a Bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET) plus a Master's degree in engineering from a university with an ABET accredited Bachelor's program. Confirmation is required to ensure the PE obtained in Puerto Rico aligns with NCEES standards.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here