About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
The Operations Manager for the Hydro Services division is responsible to provide leadership and support leveraging current relationships within the industry to grow the division. To Lead and/or facilitate the bid to cash process, solve/recommend possible solutions to unique situations or problems for clients. This role provides expert advice and coaching to the site leadership to ensure standardization, deployment, and execution of field projects. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of Hydro Services including work scheduling, training, safety oversight, and management of personnel to ensure safe, smooth, and effective support for the client's needs.
The Operations Manager's primary function is to ensure that BHI Energy's Renewable business operates safely, smoothly, and effectively in support of our client's needs. Other functions and responsibilities that can be expected from this position shall include but are not limited to:
- Function as the Subject Matter Expert for BHI Energy with the client regarding operational and technical needs for hydroelectric plants. Maintain continuous client contact and focus on relationship management.
- Communicate with Site Supervisors and craft frequently to understand operational challenges and support requirements to ensure the success of the contract within the assigned operational area.
- Conduct periodic site visits to meet with BHI Energy personnel and site management.
- Dedicated field support training, work instructions, dispositions and customer support, equipment, and tooling to achieve high levels of quality and productivity.
- Ensure a strong commitment to safety as the number one core value.
- Conducting periodic reviews of procedures, protocols, and processes to identify improvement opportunities within the operation that will benefit BHI Energy and our client.
- Provide strong leadership engagement with the client and proactive posture regarding BHI performance.
- Establish a strong relationship with customer contacts by demonstrating trust, integrity, and honesty in dealing with each client engagement.
- Set positive standards and expectations with identified supervisors and within all BHI employees assigned.
- Install a culture of continuous improvement and error-free performance with all employees assigned.
- Input for the operational budget focused on establishing cost savings and effectiveness. Remain visible, available, and approachable to BHI Energy employees supporting assigned operational areas.
- Support and foster a safety-conscious work environment where all employees understand reporting options and opportunities for safety and work-related concerns.
- Manage a portfolio of projects throughout all phases (tendering, planning, execution, and closeout). Management of projects includes but is not limited to, monitoring, and controlling safety, quality, cost, and schedule.
- Review and understand all contracts established with the client in support of the assigned operational area. Ensure that site-specific operations are under the contract and identified work scope.
- Strong customer focus and relationships within the industry.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, collaborate effectively, and drive change.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Capable of effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Can effectively communicate (both verbally and in written form) with all levels of management, supervision, and craft.
- Knowledge of field deployment in support of periodic maintenance activities.
- Capable of being the process owner utilizing continuous improvement and implementing best practices.
- Effectively identifies key players and builds high-performing teams.
- Capable of effectively managing own time and the time of others.
- Engages support from Labor Relations (union and non-union), HR, ECP, and Staffing when necessary.
- Can identify talent in projects organization and develops that talent by making deliberate changes in assignments.
- Able to influence others to improve project and contract outcomes and capable of providing input for a succession planning model that maintains a defense in depth for position evolutions.
- 10+ years' experience in a field service role or operations management
- Bachelor's or Associates Degree
- Must be able to periodically travel to job sites throughout North America for a few days to a few weeks at a time (25% of the time)
- Must have strong, two-way communication skills, excellent customer service skills, and be a strong team player.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to coach, mentor, and counsel employees
- Needs to have excellent attention to detail, great organizational skills, and possess the ability to work independently.
- Solid project financial skills and general business acumen
- Must be dedicated, responsive, and have a professional demeanor
- Valid driver's license, good MVR record, and satisfactory background and drug screening; (must be eligible to drive a rental vehicle)
- Possess or eligible to obtain a U.S. passport
- Must have strong computer skills including internet, email and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project Management tools.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here