About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI MMC Operations Director - Roles & Responsibilities
BHI Core Values and Standards
- Set and reinforce standards and expectations for the organization that exemplify the core values and standards of BHI and the industry by providing leadership and direction to BHI site management and staff.
- Ensure that the implementation and enforcement of the BHI Safety Program is consistent across all assigned sites, and that the BHI Site Manager and staff are held accountable for the ownership and implementation of the program.
- Ensures that the BHI Site Leadership Team demonstrates, adheres to, and upholds BHI Core Values.
- Ensures that BHI processes and procedures are followed and holds BHI site leadership team accountable for using these processes to effectively manage the implementation of the contract and the completion of work.
- Ensures that the BHI site leadership teams effectively executes all work in a safe and productive manner, in accordance with the quality standards of both the customer and BHI
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety and provides leadership for implementation of the BHI safety program at their assigned sites
- Ensures that the site leadership team has a clear understanding of contract goals, strategies, methods, and that roles and responsibilities are well understood and demonstrated.
- Responsible to fully understand contract requirements, obligations, and commitments in order to fairly implement the business and protect BHI interests.
- Responsible for oversight and administration of the BHI contract with the Client
- Oversee the performance monitoring structure and reporting for the assigned contract[s], including weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and KPIs that give insight into performance and trends
- Ensures effective project and contract management governance, procedures, tools and financial controls are established and maintained for MMC and project operations at assigned site[s].
- Responsible for the review of all Sub-contracts, including those from other BHI business units, and sub-contractor estimates.
Outage and Project Readiness
- Responsible to ensure that the BHI Site Leadership Teams meet all BHI outage prepration matrix milestones and Site outage preparation milestones for outages at assigned sites.
- Provides oversight to ensure that all necessary planning and project controls tools/elements are in place, meet BHI standards/expectations, and are being implemented to support outage and project execution.
- Ensures adequate organizational resources are prioritized and deployed to support planning and implementation efforts
- Responsible to ensure that outage readiness assessments are scheduled for each outage, teams are assigned for BHI T-6, T-3, and T-1 outage readiness assessments, and coordinates the T-1 Executive Challenge and the Pre-Outage Kick-off presentation.
- Ensures the BHI Risk Identification and Mitigation process is used during outage and on-line work planning and preparation process, and during implementation.
- Responsible for ensuring that the site leadership teams are utilizing the BHI MMC Site Manager Playbook and all applicable tools
- Ensures that the site team reviews lessons learned and process improvements from previous BHI experiences/outages and implements applicable corrective actions
- Supports the site with the development and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities, communicating these opportunities for best practice and lessons learned across the organization, and looking for opportunities to add value to BHI and our clients
- Responsible for capturing and sharing internal and external industry knowledge and best practices
- Oversees the performance monitoring structure and reporting for the assigned contract[s], including weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and KPIs that give insight into performance
- Oversees the effective implementation of a corrective action and assessment process for assigned sites
- Participates in BHI wide or MMC wide performance improvement initiatives, including outage readiness assessments at other BHI locations, or as assigned
- Acts as primary interface with other BHI organizations when support is required, or changes are needed to ensure quality and efficient operations are maintained, intervening when necessary to address deficiencies.
- Responsible to monitor and analyze financial performance of the assigned sites, ensuring the site leadership teams understand the financial goals and have strategies in place to meet those goals.
- Responsible for the approval of all site non-billable charges regardless of the source
- Understands how the business works including drivers of cost, revenue, and profit
- Understands key financial measurements to analyze the business, and ensures financial reporting requirements are met
- Oversees the estimating process and ensures the accuracy of the estimates related to the contract(s) / project(s) supported.
- Responsible for estimate reviews (including facilitating corporate reviews when required by BHI procedure/policy), budget, and profitability on all assigned contracts.
- Develops strategies and actions to correct financial performance when needed
- Ensures that the BHI Impact/Change Order process is adhered to in a manner consistent with the contract, and protects BHI financial interests.
- Manages performance of the BHI site teams, holds Site Managers accountable for results and addresses employee relations issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible to ensure team chemistry and engagement of site leadership team is maintained at a high functioning level
- Recognizes talent and provides opportunity for personal development across the broader BHI MMC organization
- Ensures the Good Catches and Golden Recognition processes are implemented at assigned sites
- Encourages craft engagement in identifying issues and ensures site leadership team is responsive to craft identified issues
- Ensures BHI staff and craft accountability process is effectively managed by the site managers, working with the BHI VP Human Resources when needed or required by process
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining strategic customer relationships with client's corporate and site management teams, at all levels of the organization.
- Maintains a pulse on customer needs and how BHI can support them, keeping in mind all services provided by BHI
- Able to identify business development activities that support long-range business line planning and resource management, influences customer buying patterns, and increase sales revenue growth.
- Develops the customer as a strategic business partner with the ability to identify opportunities for value add and continuous improvement
- Maintains alignment with, and provides input to, BHI Business Development (account Manager) on key client strategies.
- Ensures relationships with local labor officials are being managed effectively through the BHI Site Managers
- Ensures relationships are developed with local labor through the tri-partite process
- Coordinates with BHI Director of Labor on all union labor related issues and initiatives.
- Ensures that the BHI Site Manager is familiar with, and accountable to, the applicable labor agreement (GPPMA/NMA/Local).
- For non-union sites:
- Ensures a process is in place for reviewing worker resumes in a timely and accurate fashion
- Ensures that the BHI Milestones are adjusted, based on experience, to ensure sufficient recruiting time.
- Ensures that the site requirements for validation of qualifications and experience is understood and adhered to by the BHI Site Team.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here