About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
The Wind Farm Technician will diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and test problems involving wind turbine generators or control systems. Wind Farm Technician will perform routine maintenance on wind turbine equipment and systems and equipment related to the wind turbines.
- Diagnose problems involving wind turbine generators or control systems.
- Climb wind turbine towers to inspect, maintain, or repair equipment.
- Test electrical components of wind systems with devices such as voltage testers, multimeters, oscilloscopes, infrared testers, or fiber optic equipment.
- Start or restart wind turbine generator systems to ensure proper operations.
- Troubleshoot or repair mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical malfunctions related to variable pitch systems, variable speed control systems, converter systems, or related components.
- Maintain tool and spare parts inventories required for repair, installation, or replacement services.
- Perform routine maintenance on wind turbine equipment, underground transmission systems, wind fields substations, or fiber optic sensing and control systems.
- Test structures, controls, or mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical systems, according to test plans or in coordination with engineers.
- Collect turbine data for testing or research and analysis.
- Inspect or repair fiberglass turbine blades.
- Train end-users, distributors, installers, or other technicians in wind commissioning, testing, or other technical procedures.
- Operate manufacturing equipment to fabricate wind turbines.
- Assist in assembly of individual wind generators or construction of wind farms.
- Repair green energy equipment or systems.
- Climb equipment or structures to access work areas.
- Test electrical circuits or components for proper functioning.
- Troubleshoot equipment or systems operation problems.
- Maintain work equipment or machinery.
- Test electrical equipment or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Test mechanical systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Measure equipment outputs.
- Inspect mechanical equipment to locate damage, defects, or wear.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
*****Must have experience running a Sage Oil Vac 4-Stage Oil Change Trailer******
An ideal candidate will have a high school diploma, training from a vocational school, or equivalent prior experience. Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Must follow all safety rules and regulations for safe operations and follow safe work practices. Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity and trust. Knowledge of BHI Energy processes and procedures and utilization of developed tools to most effectively manage work is essential. Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required; to work overtime, to include shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed; and be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening.
This position will be at various wind farms all over the United States.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here