About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy is searching for qualified candidates for a Senior Designer position. Please note that this position will be a -/+ 12 month contract. As the Senior Designer, you will be proficient in performing daily work activities with minimal supervision. Proficient level work activities to be performed include: computer aided drafting to prepare and maintain maps, sketches, schematics and other engineering related drawings. Perform higher level Designer skills with direct to moderate supervision. Higher level work activities to be performed include: preparation of study layouts, design development, cost estimating, peer review of all deliverables defined as proficient work activities, check drawings, peer review, as well as performing other design and engineering work as defined or directed.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
1. Plan and coordinate daily work routines as required to maintain efficient production.
2. Create, revise and maintain detailed engineering and record drawings, and sketches.
3. Create, revise and maintain material and property equipment records.
4. Obtain information required to perform work from verbal communication, sketches, marked drawings, listings, field notes, vendors' catalogs technical reference manuals and site visits.
5. Perform mathematical calculations required to accomplish assigned work.
6. Proficiency in the use of computer aided design software.
7. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
8. Check work performed by other personnel for accuracy and compliance with all Company standards and methods.
9. Work with other organizations of the company to coordinate the work and assure that it is performed in a safe and efficient manner.
10. Read vendors' prints, shop and other drawings and equipment operating instructions, and incorporate that information into assigned work.
11. Prepare study layouts, designs and original working drawings in accordance with standard practice.
12. Check designs for strength or conformity to accepted standards and methods.
13. Check manufacturers' prints and shop drawings and other drawings necessary to coordinate work with that of others and with the overall design.
14. Prepare and check bills of material when required.
15. Specify and write purchase requisitions when required.
16. Make cost estimates when required.
17. Furnish work direction and assist in training of employees in related work at an equal or lower level as directed.
18. Assist employees of higher classification as required.
19. Promote and support the Company's Accident Prevention and Safety and Health programs.
20. Demonstrate ethical behavior as outlined in the corporate policies.
21. Support the Corporate Compliance policies.
22. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
Associate degree in applied science (AAS) in drafting and computer aided design (CAD) or in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering technology and 4 years of equivalent experience. Equivalent experience without AAS degree - high school graduate and 8 years of experience in electric utility and/or related industrial drafting and/or computer aided drafting work.
Physical demand level is Sedentary
Must be proficient in working with conventional drafting symbols and drafting methods and have the ability to distinguish colors. Note: Some noted requirements are mutually exclusive with regard to each specific discipline. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and possess and maintain a valid state driver's license. Must meet all vehicle operation requirements as designated by federal and/or state law. This position may require shift work or overtime. Occasional overnight travel to and work within a substation or power plant environment in obedience to all safety regulations and use of personal protection equipment.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here