T & D
This position is based in the Bostone Metropolitan area and will primarily be working on greenfield substation projects.
POSITION SUMMARY: Individual will manage large distribution/transmission projects that are in the development (pre-construction) phase in Massachusetts. Works closely with several internal and external group with overall responsibility of all aspects of projects including the coordination of regulatory approvals and interface with regulators and local elected officials and town department managers; managing the development and process for evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design and construction, as well as for the procurement of material and support systems; and insuring that all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
What It's Going to Take:
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering (preferred); Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business or the equivalent degree will be considered.
Masters Degree is preferred and Project Management class work is desirable.
• 5 yrs of related experience in Project Management or Project Developer for complex projects in the development (pre-construction) phrase
• Analytical thinking capability – knowledge of distribution line, substation projects, and transmission would be beneficial
• Experience working in a matrix organization
• Experience managing projects requiring public and regulatory approvals Knowledge/Skill
• Demonstrated ability to investigate and solve problems, analyze data, write reports and make presentations.
• Possesses the ability to cope with deadlines, manage time, set priorities, define roles and responsibilities, and make decisions. • Ability to run meetings, motivate others, and interact with others at all levels of the organization.
• The ability to schedule, plan and manage numerous complex transmission projects concurrently.
• Self-starter with strong communication skills, including listening, speaking and writing skills
• Individual leadership abilities, planning skills, decisiveness and customer focus
• Knowledge of Project Management principles and practices
• Excellent leadership, teambuilding, coaching, problem solving, interpersonal and motivational skills required.
• Ability to develop skills to prepare presentations and expert witness testimony for local and state regulatory presentati