About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
The Industrial Project Manager is responsible for all project management processes on medium complexity projects or on a portion (for example, work package) of highly complex projects. Supervise medium-sized team (average 10–30 team members), which may include project controls and sub-project managers. Responsible for preparing project proposals, schedules, and cost estimates that support business opportunities. Work closely with Business Development personnel to drive opportunities through the business's processes. Responsible for implementation and closeout of medium complexity projects.
All project management is performed in accordance with the established BHI Energy policies, procedures, systems, and requirements.
- Prepare estimates and proposals in response to customer request for proposals, utilizing self-technical knowledge and technical input from operations team. Work closely with Business Development Leads to assist in ensuring award of offer to BHI Energy.
- Complete all aspects of planning process including authoring project plans and developing scope, schedule, and cost baselines.
- Assume overall responsibility for profitability of contracts. Based on project plan, follow department protocols for acquiring team members to complete the work. Manage all aspects of project including scope, schedule, cost, risk, procurement, quality, resources, communications, and stakeholders through use of delegates/support as applicable. Interpret and transmit project/contract requirements, and subsequent changes, to functional groups following an integrated change management process. Prepare or oversee project cost expenditure forecasts and progress evaluations/projections (including earned value management) to support project performance and financial reporting requirements. Review project expenditures for compliance with project baselines and scope. Promote teamwork and effective communication, including issuing and maintenance of project process metrics and process maps to ensure team, customer, and all stakeholders are kept informed of project status. Develop or oversee project databases, systems, and procedures to ensure efficient handling and transmission of project correspondence and documentation between project team members.
- Properly close project by archiving work in financial, scheduling, document management, and resource management systems/tools. Perform final project quality assessment and report out. Identify and communicate opportunities for improvement, lessons, and risk avoidance for future work.
- Identify, assess, and implement improvement opportunities that will add value.
- Bachelor's degree. Applicable disciplines are Project Management, Engineering, Business, Construction Management, or related technical discipline.
- 8 or more years project management experience or 2-4 years project management experience and 4 years' experience in technical role in oil and gas, fossil power or construction industry.
- Advanced interpersonal skills such as effective verbal and written communications; ability to lead and direct complex team structures; ability to develop relationships with stakeholders in upper management positions; and ability to analyze problems, establish facts, and make complex decisions with little to no supervision.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft® Office tools and Primavera® or Microsoft Project.
- Advanced ability or understanding of the transformation of data to information for visual reports, database concepts in order to manage data within systems, and the interaction of company functions that are touch points to projects (Finance, Legal, Quality, Supply Chain, etc.). High-quality presentation skills.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here