About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy is seeking a Cost Analyst. This position develops, communicates, maintains, and analyzes project schedules, primarily for power plant overhauls. This position completes cash flow and forecast management analysis to support various overhaul projects, and effectively communicates the results to senior and executive leadership. Performs all cost accounting activities including variance analysis, standard cost development, activity-based costing, and inventory control
- Ensures accurate accounting treatment and capital postings for capital reporting, variance explanations, and progress reporting against budgets
- Supports new lines of business and finds ways to reduce overhead cost per job
- Prepares and distributes financial reports and indicators and explains financial results to non-financial audiences
- Communicates and explains operational performance through Profit and Loss
- Collaborates effectively with colleagues from all departments
- Leads and executes process improvement projects using Six Sigma principles
- Manages internal controls processes and identifies and mitigates control weaknesses
- Develops broad technical and communication skills through self-study and internal and external training opportunities
Qualifications / Education / Experience:
- Strong knowledge and a minimum of 2 years of experience power plant maintenance (preferred)
- Proficiency in schedule development
- Experience with IBM Maximo or similar asset management software, SAP, Excel PowerPivot, Microsoft Business Intelligence, and Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
- Six Sigma Certification; Yellow Belt or higher (preferred)
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.