About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Serves as the primary source for computer-aided design (CAD) for the permitting department, working closely with the construction, engineering, right of way, land survey and permitting staff to produce high quality graphics and be able to verbally communicate specifications and directions to and from the design team.
Perform technical and administrative duties related to acceptance, processing, reviewing and approval of construction permit drawings in accordance with Florida Department of Transportation, county and city regulations and procedures.
- Utilize AutoCAD to create permit sketches, templates and background drawings.
- Perform detailed technical and specialized permit support work.
- Utilize county GIS websites and Google Earth Enterprises to determine the appropriate municipalities.
- Obtains plat information using County official records websites.
- Verifies Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) for accuracy.
- Maintains AutoCAD standards and procedures.
- Communicates with engineering team regarding new and revised prints.
- Awareness and familiarization of utility standards.
- Informs designers if changes are required to proposed construction for compliance to permitting regulations.
- Fulfillment of customer requirements.
What It's Going to Take:
- 2 or more years' experience in AutoCAD required.
- Experience in electrical distribution permitting preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Adobe Pro.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and maintain effective working relationships with the project team.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.