About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy is currently accepting resumes for a long term Utility worker position at the Shearon Harris Nuclear Power Plant located in New Hill, NC.
Perform Housekeeping and specialized cleaning of non-radiological and radiological plant areas, equipment and components. Utility workers are frequently involved in sump cleaning, sludge pumping, tank cleaning, waste/trash control, recycle pick up and disposals. Utility Workers, when trained, will be required to operate tools such as pressure washers, steam cleaners, pumps, floor cleaning equipment and vacuum equipment. Utility workers, when needed, may be required to support other Duke Energy fleet locations within reasonable notification.
- High School Diploma
- Satisfy all requirements of PAT/RWT
- Ability to navigate and possess Basic Computer Skills
- May be required to support sister sites on an emergent short-term need.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at various heights.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to complete training to operate various equipment within utility operations.
- May be required to pass physical requirements associated with wearing a respirator.
- Ability to work in adverse conditions such as high temperatures, confined spaces, etc.
- Must meet the Essential Job Functions required for Utility Worker.
- Forklift operation experience preferred, not required
- Typical routine hours Monday thru Thursday, 10 hours per day. Outage will require additional time added to work schedule, must be available to work dayshift or nightshift as scheduled.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here