We are partnering with a key client and are seeking and Entry to Mid-Level Construction Materials Testing Technicians to join their Bismarck, North Dakota location. As a technician, you will perform a variety of testing on construction materials such as soils, concrete, masonry, and asphalt. Onsite materials testing is conducted on various industrial, commercial and transportation construction projects located throughout the region. The chosen candidate(s) will receive in-depth technical training and industry certifications upon successful completion of examinations and demonstration of ability. This is a career opportunity to become a member of a highly successful, fast paced team with a steady and growing backlog of exciting projects. Candidates should be comfortable working outdoors in varying weather conditions and be able to lift 75+ pounds. The chosen candidate will frequently be required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. At times, this position may be working at or on uneven terrain, varying heights, in confined spaces, or supported trenches.
* Perform routine & complex sampling and testing of soils, aggregates, concrete, masonry, and asphalt
* Perform field concrete testing, including slump, air content, and strength
* Perform field density tests of soils
* Prepare daily reports and documentation of field activities in electronic format
* Work with project managers and senior technicians or staff to ensure specifications are followed
* Assist with training & mentoring of junior staff, as needed