About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
We are seeking a full-time, energetic, and talented mid-level engineer. The successful candidate will directly assist the Manager of Geotechnical Engineering Services with project management of Tennessee-related geotechnical projects. This position may be located in either our Chattanooga or Nashville, TN office. Travel between the offices is expected.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical responsibilities include:
- Preliminary site visits and preparation of proposals.
- Coordination with subcontractors.
- Periodically overseeing subsurface investigations.
- Preparation and peer reviews of geotechnical interpretive reports.
- Analysis and design of retaining walls and slope stabilization measures.
- Construction detailing and specifications.
- Project management responsibilities include:
- Development of professional service proposals.
- Management of projects including clients.
- Internal technical disciplines.
- External consultants, schedule, and budgets.
Qualifications/ Education / Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- B.S. In Civil Engineering.
- PE or testing soon for PE
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in geotechnical engineering (TN licensed required).
- Demonstrated experience in project management, preparation of geotechnical interpretive reports and completion of construction level documents, preferably in Tennessee and/ or the southeast.
- Working knowledge of building codes and applicable design standards.
- AutoCad and AutoCad Civil 3D proficiency.
- Effective communication skills including written, oral, and listening.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and develop long-term relationships with clients, other development partners and team members.
- The offer of employment for this position will be conditioned upon a satisfactory criminal background check.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here