About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Contract Operations Representative for a contract opportunity in Park City, UT.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the construction and maintenance of the gas distribution system, maintenance of equipment in the assigned area and to provide customers with safe and efficient use of natural gas.
- Responds to all emergency calls such as gas leaks, gas related fire calls, evacuations, asphyxiation and broken gas lines.
- May testify in small-claims court
- May be required to cross train in other departments.
- Assists in construction, maintenance, street repair, installing new gas lines and performing plastic pipe fusion including electro-fusion on IHP services and mains (possibility of working in gaseous atmosphere in a fire suit).
- Maintains and repairs meter sets, prepares service agreements, collects money, determines service line and meter locations.
- As necessary, completes job related paperwork, records changes to distribution piping system, including all records to verify material and footage for contractor payment and completes Blue Stake location requests when necessary.
- As necessary, completes turn-on and turn-off orders for gas customers.
- As necessary, adjusts new and existing appliances.
- As necessary, completes service orders on all types of appliances.
- As necessary, investigates high bill complaints.
- As necessary, operates required operations department equipment, including but not limited to backhoe, ten wheel dump truck, service truck, crew truck and mini dump truck.
- Performs other duties
Qualifications/ Education / Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications.
- Will require frequent bending, climbing, twisting, balancing and reaching.
- Requires working in extreme cold or hot temperatures.
- Requires working on uneven or slippery surfaces.
- Will be required to work on-call, overtime, rotating shifts, overtime weekends and holidays.
- Will require exposure to moving objects and equipment.
- Must work in a noisy and hazardous environment.
- Requires working around live and blowing gas in a fire suit.
- Will require standing and/or walking for long periods of time.
- Will be exposed to toxic chemicals, i.e., soap, ammonia, paint, primers, solvents and oils.
- Exposure to non-ionizing radiation from welding, flashes, microwave and sunburn.
- Will require working in confined or cramped spaces.
- May be required to work a four 10-hour day workweek.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here