About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy has an immediate opening for a Shop Supervisor / General Foreman that has extensive experience in all aspects of supervising a manufacturing facility producing steel structures and modular fabricated components to support the Chemical, Petro-Chemical, Refining, and Defense Industries.
- Collaborate with Plant Manager to plan, organize and schedule project work
- Supervise / Direct / Instruct all craft labor relaying accountability and structure expectations
- Collaborate with Plant Manger regarding manpower needs and adjustments based on workload and project delivery schedules.
- Supervise all aspects of Job Flow from start to finish and supervise all craft labor, welding, fitting, etc… of up to 20 or more employees.
- Be able to relay and validate work flow expectations, hold points, employee work assignments for all aspects of items to be fabricated.
- Be able to actively fit, weld, assist, operate equipment, demonstrate work processes as needed to get the job done and teach / show / instruct welders, fitters, helpers, your expectations.
- Provide proactive, clear and timely communication to team members
- Be professional and uphold Core Values
- Will be accountable to the Plant Manager and Managing Director of this facility.
- Ability to lead and foster positive working environment
- Ability to understand and communicate basic mechanical concepts
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic - results driven
- Ability to multi-task job responsibilities
- A minimum of 10 years' experience as a fabrication / welding shop supervisor
- Construction Management or Mechanical degree desired
- Any knowledge of shipping large fabricated items via barge delivery would be helpful
- Hours will often exceed 40 hours per week to effectively perform this position.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here