About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Our Energy, Manufacturing & Bioprocessing division is seeking an experienced Project Manager with over 10 years of experience in downstream/refining or chemicals and related process industries. The successful candidate will focus on providing PM services for our refinery clients in the Rocky Mountain and mid-continent region. As a project manager, the PM will provide leadership in advancing our client's purpose, vision, and values. Relocation assistance to our Greenwood Village Headquarters will be considered. Remote work in the Northern Colorado / Wyoming area will be considered.
Our client is seeking a project manager to cultivate, develop and maintain our refining work in the oil, gas, and chemicals practice. The individual will be responsible for projects related to capacity expansions, facility upgrades, regulatory requirements, debottlenecking, and turnarounds. Geographic coverage typically includes the Rocky Mountain and Midcontinent regions, though the balance of the US is not excluded.
This position is multidimensional in nature and requires elements of project management, team building, and client relationship building.
The successful candidate:
- Must demonstrate proficiency in project management for A-E firms, including managing budgeted and scheduled design effort, and demonstrate skills in developing multi-discipline teams.
- Must be willing to work in a design team environment, including directing the work of junior engineers and designers, and delegating work as required.
- Meets with clients to prepare and or validate proposed scope of work. This work includes client development, proposal assistance, project planning, estimating, scheduling, and establishing project controls.
- Ensures internal communication and coordination of design efforts occurs.
- Stays within established schedule and budget.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality
- Overseeing project planning, technical leadership, quality control, and client satisfaction
- Strong leadership skills are necessary to perpetuate and grow our client's existing client base and manage the multi-disciplinary engineering teams. Project managers with an existing base in the northern Colorado, Wyoming or Utah area are preferred.
- Traveling to client sites about one week a month
- Contributing to corporate and business unit strategic planning efforts
- Input into annual business plans capturing detailed operational and sales objectives
- Informing engineering discipline leads of resource requirements
- Potentially serving as an account manager for key clients
- Extensive experience working successfully in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in downstream refining and/or chemicals and related process industries
- Expertise that encompasses client development, proposal support, planning, estimating, scheduling, project controls, and multi-discipline project execution
- Experience working in an engineering services and construction environment, with experience in EPCM projects
- Working knowledge and application of industry best practices published by CII and AACE
- Bachelor of Sciences degree in engineering or related discipline
- Professional Engineer registration preferred
- PMI Certification preferred
- Leadership skills to perpetuate and grow the client's existing client base
- Commitment to the client's purpose, vision, and values
- Engagement in the client's employee ownership model
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Cooperation across the client's enterprise
- Adaptability to rapidly changing market conditions
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- Client facilities require site visits to gather project information, which may require climbing ladders and stairs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here